Our Skin Science
The award-winning TheraVine™ range was launched in 2004 after years of extensive research and experimenting with formulations and ingredients. The discovery that oligomeric proanthocyanidins (the anti-oxidants found in grape derivatives) are 50 times the strength of Vitamin E and 20 times the strength of Vitamin C with regards to their levels of anti-oxidants, was one of the biggest discoveries to unleash a novel way of skin restoration directly from nature.
TheraVine™ fuses these super anti-oxidants with advanced biotechnologies and medicinal botanicals at the highest percentages resulting in a specially crafted, extrasensory world-class ultra-active, result-driven health and skincare range.
Each TheraVine™ product formulation is rooted in science and contains the highest recommended concentrations of active ingredients, which ensures optimum results that go above those of traditional cosmetics, for all skin types.
We believe that using the names of cutting-edge active ingredients is not good enough – for a product to achieve results one has to ensure that the highest possible concentration is included so as to give you a product that will transform your experience of health and skincare and give you the youthful and radiant skin you have always dreamed of.
TheraVineTM obtains its grape-derived ingredients, rich in anti-oxidants, amongst others from the South African indigenous Pinotage grape cultivars, which contain high concentrations of grapeseed polyphenols, known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC’s).
Anti-oxidants in skincare products are vital as they help repair past damages to the skin as well as assist to prevent future damage caused by free radicals. The brand’s formulations consist of many different multi-generational variations and cultivars of grape technologies, using different parts of the grape and vine to benefit the skin in various ways – from signs of the first wrinkles to the reversal of the deepest.
Over and above the addition of South Africa’s local cultivars, the below grape actives are also included in the product formulations.
- Patented Grape Vine Shoot extract, a specialised derivative from Resveratrol excellent for the protection of mitochondrial DNA, epidermal stem cells, and extracellular matrix.
- Patented Vectorized Grape Seed Polyphenols, a highly powerful anti-oxidant with an anti-aging effect.
- Stabilised and objectivized grape polyphenols with an extraordinary high OPC content presenting superior
anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties.
- OPC Palmitate of grape seeds responsible for anti-photo aging, anti-aging, and antioxidant functions.
- Concentrated French Wine Extract, a highly effective anti-oxidant against hydroxyl radical and superoxide anions.
- Resveratrol for its extremely anti-aging and anti-oxidating properties.
- Grape Stem Cell Technology responsible for the protection of skin stem cells against the harmful effects of UV stress.
- Organic Grape Water contains biophenols to combat extrinsic aging.
- Red Vine Leaf Extract for superior capillary support and the strengthening of venous structures.
- Organic Grapeseed Extract for its highly anti-aging, anti-oxidant benefits.
TheraVine™ offers a flawless synergy between high-performance products and treatment methods to offer a selection of cutting-edge facial treatments, therapeutic body treatments, and unique signature treatments. Each treatment is designed to address the individual’s skin, body, and lifestyle needs.
With this in mind, TheraVine™ continues to base its growing success on the latest international scientific research, advanced technological active ingredients which ensure superlative product quality and innovation.